Medical Precautions For Travelers
If you’re thinking about traveling this summer, make sure you’re planning ahead for the unexpected. Even the best planned trip can be ruined by a surprise medical crisis.
Here are a few points to consider:
1. Remember Prescription Medications.
- Bring your important prescriptions with you.
- Bring enough for a few extra days.
- Write down what you are taking or get a print out from your pharmacy.
- Always carry some amount of your prescription in a carry-on bag.
2. Over-The-Counter Medications
- If you’re traveling abroad, you may not find your favorites in other countries, so bring your own.
- Make sure not to carry liquids in bottles larger than 3 ounces.
3. Medical Information
- Bring the name of your doctor and their contact info with you.
- Make sure you have a list of any drug allergies that you might have.
4. Travel Insurance
- Be sure to check the details, as some travel health policies only cover what your primary health insurance will not pay.