5 Varieties Of Summer Allergies
Phoenix is known as an allergy capital of America. Although not everyone is affected, those who are can really suffer! The Phoenix metro area has a number of allergens that can cause symptoms, including sniffles and clogged nasal passages.
- Molds – While common year round, certain kinds of molds can be very troublesome in the summer.
- Poisonous Plants – While not as prevalent in the Valley, kids can still get into poison ivy. Be careful!
- Stinging Insects – Bees and wasp stings are painful, and, in a small percentage of the population, quite serious.
- Pollen – Pollen from ragweed is very common in Phoenix and Arizona.
- Dust – Though not limited to the summer months, dust, when mixed with the four allergens above, is even more of a problem for some.